Calcium P FS
Product Number : 1 1811
Calcium plays an essential role in many cell functions: intracellular in muscle contraction and glycogen metabolism, extracellular in bone mineralization, in blood coagulation and in transmission of nerve impulses. Calcium in plasma exists in three forms: free, bound to proteins or bound to anions such as phosphate, citrate and bicarbonate in a complex reaction. Decreased total calcium levels can be associated with diseases of the bone apparatus (especially osteoporosis), kidney diseases (especially under dialysis), defective intestinal absorption and hypoparathyroidism. Increased total calcium can be measured in hyperparathyroidism, malignant diseases with metastases and sarcoidosis. Calcium measurements also help in monitoring of calcium supplementation mainly in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Metastatic carcinoma
- Thiazide therapy
- Decreased muscle mass (eg muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis).
- Ready to use reagent.
Proline Calcium P FS comes in a liquid format which provides convenience for users as no reconstitution is required which helps reduce the risk of misdiagnosis.
- Open system reagent, compatible with a wide range of instruments.
Proline Calcium P FS reagent is suitable for various third party analyzers such as Abbott, Advia, Cobas, Hitachi, Olympus, Response, TokyoBoeki, and Beckman Coulter.
- Photometric endpoint determination with Phosphonazo III.
- No interference: ascorbic acid 30 mg/dL, bilirubin 60 mg/dL, hemoglobin 1000mg/dL, lipemia to triglycerides 2000mg/dL, and magnesium 20 mg/dL.
- Measurement linearity reached 25 mg/dL (6.24 mmol/L), with a lower limit of detection 0.2 mg/dL.
- TruCal U
- TruLab N
- TruLab P
|No. Catalog||R1||R2||Kit Size|
|1 1811 99 10 920||4 x 38 mL||4 x 11 mL||Proline® R-910|
|1 1811 99 10 921||4 x 21 mL||4 x 6 mL||Proline® R-910|